Is your smile suffering from fears of going to the dentist due to dental anxiety? Fortunately, there are sedatives that you can take to help ease your stress and allow you to relax and enjoy your visit. Listed below are the many methods of sedation dentistry:
– Deep sedatives are designed for rigorous dental services that require the patient to be unconscious. Deep sedatives such as anesthesia are tremendously powerful and will put a patient into a deep sleep from which they will not awake until the sedative has worn off.
– The dosage can be selected and closely monitored with oral sedatives, but they often take up to an hour before they begin to work.
– Oral sedatives are pills designed to be manually ingested by a patient to help them relax.
– Inhaled sedatives are gases designed to be inhaled by a patient to help them relax for dental procedures.
– Intravenous sedatives are injections straight into a patient’s bloodstream. Intravenous sedatives are fast-acting and can often deliver the quickest results, allowing them to be used very close to the dental procedure, with minimal wait time.
– The most frequently used gas for inhaled sedatives is laughing gas, which is a combination of oxygen and nitrous oxide.
If you are looking to improve your dental anxiety with sedation, or enhance your smile further, contact Dr. James Hardy and our team at Hardy Smiles. We can be reached by calling us at 919-729-8022 to book a reservation to see us at our office in Louisburg, North Carolina. We look forward to seeing you soon!